Sunday, June 28, 2009

All right Family, here it is....

I love love love Burn Notice! It is one of my great joys in life to watch Sam Axe do his thing. Especially when Jeffrey Donovan says "I could kiss you Sam" and Sam says "Get in line". That guy cracks me up.

As some of you may know, I've been stage managing 'On Golden Pond'. The run finally finished last night. Everyone was very sad to see it end. Everyone, that is, except me...Is it bad that I wasn't? Not that I didn't enjoy the show or the cast of characters (emphasis on the word Characters!), but I'm ready to go play outside for a while. Did you know that there is actually a sun and it really does shine? I wasn't so sure there for a while. The next thing I'm going to do for ARTI is stage manage "Sealed for Freshness" this fall. I'm crazy, right? But I can't pass up the opportunity to be backstage at such a funny show. It's a play about a Tupperware Party in the late 60's gone horribly wrong. Definately MATURE audiences only (that means lots of cursing and inappropriate humor, just FYI). Just as an aside-did you know that people at ARTI think I'm bossy?! You all know the truth, right? If you'd just do what I tell you, I wouldn't have to be so bossy...

Spooky and I went for a walk today, but I was a mean mom. I wouldn't let him play in the mud puddles because he just got groomed. He's all clean and soft so no puddle jumping for him! Poor Spooky HATES this time of year. SOMEONE taught him to be afraid of loud, unexpected noises so the poor dear just hunkers down as close to me as possible whenever idiots are lighting fireworks after midnight. On a weekday. In the middle of town. Two weeks before AND after July 4. Not that I have a problem with it, no, not at all. I think it's GREAT to take in a big ol' whiff of nasty doggie breathe at 1AM when I've been asleep for hours and I have to be up in five hours... Love it. Bring it on!

Off to get a blizzard from DQ. I expect comments when I get back!

7 comments:

  1. Wheres my blizzard I want one!!! I wanna come see the next play....if things have picked up and I have money!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments........comments.......comments...... (PS poor dog....I feel for him.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! I'm so glad you started a blog! Let the good times roll!! I feel for ya. I've known several poor puppies who don't like the lound noises of fireworks. Now that you are signed up with blogger. I will want comments from you ALLLL the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR a BLOGGER.... How does it feel? A little awkward and uncomfortable at first? Like you ate to much dinner and you can't find a bathroom? SICK... Who said that? Or that? that was just my uncouth evil twin. What a psycho. But just as, in time, you find a bathroom. Blogging gets more comfortable. Man, I hope nobody else but you, my dear family, reads this random and slightly disgusting comment..... (well, I can't do anymore damage around these parts)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't your sweet puppy do anything worth writing about?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update time! What is happening in your life? How is Spooky doing? Did you realize that you and Spooky share a birthday?

    ReplyDelete